Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Award and Tomato Pincushion Tutorial

On Saturday, I was awarded the Sisterhood Award from Ranette of Ranette's Daily Stitch. It goes without saying that I am moved beyond belief, simply because I've only been blogging for two months.


Having said that, I wasn't too clear on what to do next. Guess I should have thoroughly read the guidelines, huh? Duh! So I proceeded to read them again and here's what I must to do.

1. Put the logo on my blog or post.

2. Nominate 10 or fewer blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!

3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received your award.


Do you know something? In the short two months that I've been blogging, I haven't "met" one person who doesn't deserve this award. You all know who you are and you've all touched me in your own special way and have made my life even richer than it was before, and for that I'm eternally grateful. A big hug to each and every one of you.

So please, please help yourself to the Sisterhood Award. By doing so you'd be saving me a whole mess of work (wink) and I certainly wouldn't want to leave anyone out. Thank you Ranette for thinking of me. I am truly grateful.

And before I go, I've been asked if I would do a tutorial on the tomato pincushions.


I would love to! So please tune in on Friday because...

You can NEVER have too many pincushions!

Happy stitching!

13 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I definitely need to do something about my pincushion collection. Does (or is it "do") 3 make a collection???

Dolores said...

Thank you for agreeing to do the tutorial. I thought of asking but then I thought it was too much to ask of you. I was amazed though, that you and your stitching friend managed to do three in one short morning session. BTW, I have pincushions that my children made for me that look like hats (made with cat food tins.) I have no tomato pincushions - but that may change on Friday...

Julie said...

congratulations on your award kaaren! i do believe you deserve it...you're such an inspiration to so many, and i'm blessed to call you my friend!
julie xoxo

Cindy said...

I think pincushions are such fun. You can use your imagination and create just about anything. And, what a fun decor in one's sewing room.

Jocelyn said...

Looking forward to the tutorial. I love your tomato pincushions. And congratulations on your well deserved award.

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on a well deserved award. You go girl!!!

Loris said...

Well, I can easily see why you would be awarded for your blog and quickly! Generous and inspirational go along way in any setting. You deserve it!
And I am eager for the pincushion tutorial. How fun! Thanks :-)

Linda said...

Congrats on your award Kaaren, well deserved. Linda

Allie said...

Congratulations on the award!! I haven't been around very long but I think you deserve it!
And thanks for doing a tutorial - I can't believe I haven't got a tomato in my collection, but now I will!

Dorothy said...

Congratulations on your award Kaaren. Well deserved!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Congratulations! You are truly deserving of this award...I love your blog! Can't wait for the tutorial.
~Karen~

Rumi said...

Goody! I want to make one of those cute pin cushions!

Janet said...

I too joined the world of blogging in January. I'm a retired art/home ec teacher and find it so much fun to find and share ideas with follow quilters. I love your tomatoes. I was in China 3 years ago and couldn't pass up buying a silk pin cushion with the little babys like the ones mother & grandma had from Chinatown, LA. I found your site from Karen "journey of a quilter"