Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pear PDF Pattern

Wow!  I didn't realize how many of us like pears, or pear pincushions!  Cool!



It would take forever to email everyone who asked for a copy of the pattern that I used to make my pear so forgive me if I take the easy way out and just provide you with the link to the PDF folder that I created.  

I also included very brief instructions as to how I constructed my pear.  I'm sure you won't even need them once you see how easy it is.  What I realize now is that I forgot to include the final step and that is to embroider the feather stitch on each of the seam lines using the thread or floss of your choice.  I used Valdani 12 wt black.

Click HERE for the link to the PDF file. 

Several of you also asked for a source for hand dyed cotton velvet.  The source I was going to use before I was gifted with Shirley's velvet samples is Blackberry Primitives.  Click HERE for the link to their website and go to "Hand Dyed Velvet" to see their awesome selection.

I'd love to see all your pears when they're done so please send me a picture if you think of it.

That's it!  Have fun and enjoy!


Happy stitching!

21 comments:

Pat said...

Thank you so much for sharing your pattern. I'm looking forward to stitching my own!

Phyllis said...

Thank you for taking the time to share this pattern. Looks like fun.

Mad about Craft said...

Thank you for the pattern, I've downloaded it.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you! You are a champ!

Joan said...

Thank you for sharing the pattern. I appreciate your kindness. Have a lovely weekend!

Kris said...

Kaaren - you are a sweetheart!! Thank you sooooo much for the pear pattern!! I'm excited!!

Maxine said...

Thanks so much for sharing your great talents with us.

Rilene said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pear pattern. Yours looks fabulous!

Cfrosty said...

Kaaren,

Thank you so much for the pear pattern. I have some Osnaburg that I will make with this pattern.

Have a lovely evening!

Maria said...

Thank you Kaaren for making the Pear Pincushion Pattern into a PDF.
Look forward to making it..

Unknown said...

Thank you very much Kaaren for the pattern

Penny said...

Many thanks for your lovely pattern. Penny

Marty Mason said...

Oh, what a fun pincushion. Thanks for generously sharing your pattern with me. I'm hoping I can gather scraps of felted wool to make my Pear in the likeness of yours.

Radka said...

It's lovely :-), don't tempt me! LOL
xx

Kim Q said...

Thank you! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Looks so pretty! I rarely take time to blog or look through blogs these past months, I know I'm missing a lot but so many other things priority right now. Glad I signed up for email alerts when you post so that I can try to keep up with you! LOL (PS...haven't forgotten yours. *wink

Carole Y. said...

Thank you Kaaren for the pattern. Have a nice weekend.
Carole

manos de chicureo said...

Karen thank you very much. I sew this pear for winter break from school my son. These will be in July. I send a photo.
Yasmin

Sandi said...

Kaaren, once again you are being such a dear to share your talents with us, many thnanks.

Jackie said...

Thank you for the pattern. I love pincushions!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Thank you Karen, I love it and will be making some :)