Thursday, July 9, 2015

New Project in the Works!

I just finished cutting out the pieces for a new scrappy mini quilt that I recently designed.  Give me a couple of days to get 'r done and I'll happily share it with you along with the pattern and instructions.


Something that made the cutting process a breeze were the Itty Bitty Eights Rulers by Creative Grid designed by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings.

You certainly don't need them to cut out this quilt but I just had to share my excitement about them.  


This was the first time I used my rulers and I can assure you, it won't be my last.


They're my new fave must-have quilting tools!


On the home front and in anticipation of winter which will be here before we know it, our first of many loads of fire wood was delivered today.


Ollie and Mr. Painted Quilt made a big dent in the pile this afternoon, stacking and sorting...


before taking a much needed rest.


They both made the executive decision that the rest will just have to wait until tomorrow!

Happy stitching!

15 comments:

Material Girl said...

Your little basket blocks look great- I love teeny, tiny baskets
! I hope to find some of those rulers locally soon. It's so hard to find rulers with 1/8 inch markings. Boy, they sure make cutting accurate for tiny blocks.

Janet O. said...

You had me at "mini"! *LOL*
Can't wait to see it.
I love those rulers, too. They are always on my cutting table now.
Such hard workers at your place. : )

gracie said...

New project will be lovely I am sure. Hope Mr PQ didn't work Ollie too long!

M. Hair said...

Baskets, Mini Yes! Can't wait to see the new project. I have heard of those rulers but haven't seen them in action yet. Thanks for sharing. Was going though old magazines and came across your Vintage Christmas from last year and have decided to get started on it and hopefully have it done for this Christmas.

textilefiend said...

How sad to think winter isn't too far away. It's certainly here in Sydney! with a vengeance, though nothing to compare with your past winter, I know. :)

Looking forward to seeing the quilt reveal!

Lesley said...

Nice to see a project in the making! I do love little house quilts, and I think I see a little house! Have fun!

Carli The Quilter said...

Its sounds as though all is right. Good info. Thanks

Robin Waggoner, Quilter and Designer said...

I can't wait to see your mini and thanks for the input on the new tools. I never mind spending dollars on tools but love to know that they work great. Thanks for sharing something about Ollie from time to time. I am a Westie mom as well and I do love those "Wee White Ones".

margaret said...

ruler looks interesting, will check it out at Festival of quilts next month, shame have just made a scrap vortex quilt with all my scraps so will have to start again with a collection for your scrap one

colleen said...

I used to have to buy firewood to heat my tiny 700-800 sq foot home. Now I have a still small home but not by much and have a central heat system it is so much better and much more comfortable . Love that you have a strong and handsome man to help with the chores. And I hope this year you don't need to use all your wood. It's better to get it as soon as you can so if needed it can dry out

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

These rulers are great--I purchased a few weeks ago and they are the best!

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Our wood started to arrive this week too! Love the smell of freshly split wood. Sorry about the "no-reply" blogger part, but I have not been able to figure out how to fix it, even with Googles help. Dang it! Looking forward to seeing your project.

Connie said...

Love those scrappy quilts and will be looking forward to seeing your new pattern.
Mighty nice stack of wood, too :)
Have a wonderful weekend.
Connie :)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Looks like another beautiful Kaaren project! And good job on the firewood stacking!

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Kaaren,
I changed my settings, hopefully it worked. Thanks!